Thursday, July 23, 2009

Notes

This is more for public record. I'm logging some ideas I've been discussing on forums, in reference to a kind of "Barbarians in Space" story:

I was watching too much Star Trek and reading too much Conan the Barbarian.

For the most part, I'm dealing with a cast of characters who prefer close range weapons, and who scrounge together the parts for kinda hodge-podge equipment. I want something like vibroblades as a counterpoint. For me, the tech isn't really all that important. I'm not all that tech-saavy. It's more like an old adventure story. Creating a bunch of new tech gets in the way of that for me.

Things like axes fashioned from obsolete plasma cutters. Warhammers made from old piston hammers, if I can figure out the mechanics. I'm serious about the hodge podge thing. Vibroblades will be expensive, more like war trophies to this crew.

0 comments:

Post a Comment