Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Dork Knight

Daniel came over to swim for a bit. And by "swim", I mean, we more or less stood around in the pool having increasingly inane conversations. And because I am the mosquito magnet of any group, I'm constantly having to swat the little bastards away from my forehead.

That's a very inconvenient place for mosquitoes to alight.

At a certain point (it's after nine), a bat starts swooping in to scoop up sips of water from the pool. Immediately, we are fascinated by this bat. Daniel entertains notions of catching the bat. I merely beg it to return so I may use it as an emblem to fight crime. This, suprisingly, does not work. Eventually, I am struck by a far more prudent idea:

"Hey! Get back here and catch some of these damn mosquitoes!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment